The July 2011 parish newsletter is now available online. A PDF reader is required to view the document.
- Annual picnic July 24 (rain date July 31)
- Flea market Aug. 20
Highlights from the May 2011 vestry meeting:
- The grant for the boiler has been received and the boiler has been installed.
- We are going to receive a gift from the estate of Joan Collins in the amount of $10,000. As per Joan’s wish, the money will be used to help with St. Stephen’s daily expenses (the Vestry and congregation of St. Stephen’s thanks the Collins family for this generous donation).
- Bibles will be given to the high school graduates on June 12.
- An ad for St. Stephen’s was placed in the Tribune-Review. A motion was made to pay the $450 cost of the ad. The motion was made by Ethel Balas and seconded by Ron Dern.
- The buffer/polisher will be looked at by Lemco. If the cost of the repair is under $200, it will be repaired. If over, it will be replaced. Motion made by Jim Campbell and seconded by Frank Yesko.
- St. Stephen’s Dart Ball Team will replace the tiles in the ceiling of the undercroft. The damaged ones will be kept to be used during dart ball season.
- The Pastoral Committee reported visiting five people this past month.
- We will have another fish fry in the near future.
- On May 22, we will have a meeting after the service to discuss what we are looking for in our new Bishop.